Herpes simplex is a viral infection caused by Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). It may involve multiple organs and depending upon the site of infection, it is referred to as oral herpes or cold sores, genital herpes or herpes, ocular herpes, herpes gladiatorum, herpetic whitlow, cerebral herpes infection called encephalitis, neonatal herpes and Mollaret’s meningitis. This type of viral infection is transmitted by direct contact with body fluid or lesion of an infected person.
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection that can affect both men and women. The herpes virus mainly spreads through sexual contact. It may cause the symptoms like pain, sores and itching in the genital area. In case of women, ulcers and blisters may appear on the cervix. It may also cause vaginal discharge in women. Other symptoms include pain while urination and high fever.
There is no exact cure for herpes infection. However, the symptoms can be managed through various treatment options and therapies. Some cases of infection are mild and need no treatment. People with severe or prolonged outbreaks are treated with antiviral medications. However, there are a number of alternative treatment options and natural cures for herpes. You can maintain a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet and home remedies to control the symptoms of herpes.
– You should keep the genital area clean and dry. Use of loose-fitting cotton-made inner wears is recommended.
– Application of aloe vera cream is recommended to treat herpes lesions.
– Getting enough sleep and rest is very important to prevent illness and to cope with physical and emotional stress.
– Stay away from unhealthy habits like alcoholism and smoking. They can increase free radicals in the body, which may increase the risk of infections.
– Getting well-balanced and nutritious diet is also an essential part of herpes treatment. Consumption of foods high in vitamins B and C as well as minerals like iron and zinc is beneficial to boost immunity. You should include fresh vegetables and fruits such as cabbage, carrots, beetroot, figs, papayas, apricots and apple in your daily diet. Avoid foods with high salt and sugar content and junk foods.
– Drink plenty of water daily. It helps to flush out toxins and cleanses the body.
Use of herbs is an effective approach in treating the infection and strengthening the body. A variety of herbs are available to treat herpes, which are found to be equally effective. Some of the popular herbs used for treating herpes are Echinacea, aloe vera, garlic and liquorice.
- Aloe vera is one of powerful herbs, which gives soothing effect. It helps to relieve the symptoms of genital herpes in men, when applied topically. It helps to heal the lesions more quickly.
- Lemon balm is another effective herb. The topical ointments containing lemon balm can help to heal cold sores.
- Garlic, due to its anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, is helpful in eliminating harmful bacteria and viruses, including herpes simplex 2 virus.
In addition, supplements like lysine and zinc can be administered to soothe inflammation, control symptoms and to prevent recurrent outbreaks.
With these effective natural cures, you can deal with the symptoms of genital herpes and get rid of irritating condition. These natural remedies not only help to overcome the infection, but also strengthen immune system and improve overall health.